Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gratitude

Friday night was the opening of A Digital Silouhette which is the 10 year celebration of our summer education program The Manoa Project. We asked three of our previous playwriting winners to write short plays for the show. They did and they are awesome. Seriously. I just love watching this show and am so sad it is ending today at 2pm. If you are reading this, come to T-Lab at 2pm and check out these new plays.
They. Are. Amazing.

At the new space...

Florence + The Machine plays over the sound system.
Laughing from the dressing room, I enter to Hannah and Amanda doing some kind of monkey dance. 
Alex lays on the couch and I say, "What's up Alex?" and he says "Totally engaged."
Christmas lights are house lights.
Cookies are being devoured.
People are talking and laughing and hugging and smiling. Everywhere.
Everywhere is talkinglaughingsmilinghugging.
Everywhere.

Looking around, I had this rush of love. I'm so lucky. I'm so lucky. I'm so lucky.

Sometimes it is good to step back, look around and see all the good and beauty that is around you. Great friends, amazing art, a beautiful space, an incredible show,
cutest husband ever smiling at me from the corner of the room.

Life's pretty good.


                           Our new space isn't quite this cool but it is still pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment